KVS Admission Form 2020-21: Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) Online Admission form for the session 2020-21 will be published in the 1st week of March 2020. Official notification is not yet released. As you all are waiting for this admission form actively to get your child admitted to Central School, please go through this the entire article and be up to date.
After the release of official notification, you will be able to do the registration online from Class-1 in KVS Online Admission Portal. On this page, we are going to add the Direct Link for admission so that you can apply easily. The link will be active as notification releases.
In this comprehensive article, we are going to provide you all the necessary details for the application process, eligibility criteria, and relevant documents that will be required in the registration of KVS Admission form 2020.
Details for KVS Admission Form 2020
|Admission||Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission|
|Affiliation||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Application Mode||Online/ Offline|
|KVS Admission Portal||www.kvsonlineadmission.in|
Priorities in KVS Admission Form 2020
As per the guidelines, admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya will be a priority specified. Check the sequence of priorities for the admission process below.
(A) Kendriya Vidyalaya Under Public Sector Undertaking
- First Preference – Children of Central government employees and ex-servicemen including children of Foreign National officials.
- Second Preference – Employees of Autonomous Bodies, Public Sector Undertaking, and Institute of Higher Learning under the Central Government.
- Third Preference – Children of State Government employees.
- Fourth Preference – Employees of Autonomous Bodies, Public Sector Undertaking, and Institute of Higher Learning under the State Government.
- Fifth Preference – Children of Self-employed person, and Private job personnel.
(B) Kendriya Vidyalaya Under Civil/ Defence Sector
- 1st preference will be granted to central government employees.
- 2nd preference would be given to central govt employees coming under Autonomous Bodies, Public Sector
- Undertaking, and Institute of Higher Learning.
- 3rd preference will be provided to state govt employees.
- 4th preference would be for employees of state govt under Autonomous Bodies, Public Sector Undertaking, and the Institute of Higher Learning.
- The 5th preference would be for Private job holders and self-employed people.
KVS Admission Age Criteria
For admission in Class I a child must be 5 years old as on 31 March in the academic year in which admission procedure will be conducted.
As per the guidelines, check the minimum and maximum age limit for different classes for the Admission in KVS.
|Class||Minimum Age as on 31st March||Maximum Age 31st March|
|I||5 Years||7 Years|
|II||6 Years||8 Years|
|III||7 Years||9 Years|
|IV||8 Years||10 Years|
|V||9 Years||11 Years|
|VI||10 Years||12 Years|
|VII||11 Years||13 Years|
|VIII||12 Years||14 Years|
|IX||13 Years||15 Years|
|X||14 Years||16 Years|
Note:- Children who are born on 1st April will also be considered for admission.
Procedure for KVS Admission
The procedure of KVS Admission will begin form March (delayed in 2020). First of all, KVS will issue the advertisement for admission. It will start with the registration for Class I. Registration and Admission for other classes can commence in April and can continue up to June-July as per the vacant seats.
Please go through the following guidelines to know about the complete procedure:-
At first, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan issues the advertisement publicly for the admission. This admission is not only for the children of government employees but also for non-govt employees that mean open to all. There will be specific priorities for different categories that will be there as per the KVS guidelines.
Registration for KVS Admission Form 2020
- The ad for application is published in the first week of March by the local newspaper and regional office.
- The application form is available to fill through offline or online mode.
- Parents can collect the admission form from the Principal Office of Kendriya Vidyalaya without paying anything (Free of Cost).
- Parents or Candidates will have to fill the application form very carefully with no mistakes.
- Candidates/ Applicants would have to go ahead and submit or send the form by enclosing all the relevant documents within the date as per the notification.
- As per the KVS guidelines, all the required documents must be attested before you submit the application form with it.
- If the seats will be vacant due to less number of applicants, then the Principal of Kendriya Vidyalaya will issue a second/ third advertisement in May and June for filling the vacant seats.
Documents for KVS Admission Form 2020
- For Class-I – Certificate for proving age in the form of Birth Certificate issued by the authority accountable to register births includes certificates from Notified Area Council/ Municipal Corporation/ Municipality.
- For other classes – DOB recorded in the transfer certificate granted by the recognized State Education department would be required. Parents will get the original birth certificate back after verification.
- Proof of relationship for grandchildren of MP and PSU employees will be needed.
- Proof of relationship for grandchildren of KVS employees is required.
- The category certificate (SC/ ST/ OBC/ EWS/ BPL) is required to be submitted within 3 months from the date of admission.
- Handicapped or physically disabled candidates are required to submit a certificate authorized by a civil surgeon or rehabilitation center.
- Retirement certificate for uniformed Defense personnel.
- A service certificate showing the number of transfers in the last seven years.
- A Scanned copy of Photograph (JPEG file not more than 256 KB file size).
Admission Process in Class-I
You can apply for the admission of Class-I in two steps. The first step is (A) Registration, and the second step is (B) Filling up of Application form.
- Parents need to visit the official website to register the name of their children. (www.kvsonlineadmission.in)
- Now click on the link of New Registration and fill all the required details about the children like Name, DOB, Email, and registered mobile number, etc.
- Then enter the captcha code and click on the Register button below.
- After that, you will get OTP that you need to enter, fill the captcha again, and click verify to register successfully.
- After doing this, you will get Registration number and Login code, which will be essential for the second step of admission in Class-I.
- Don’t forget to take a print out.
(B) Filling up the Application form
Only those parents who have already registered can fill the application form for their children. This Application form is quite long, so you need to be patient and fully prepared.
- First of all, visit the website – www.kvsonlineadmission.in
- Click on the login tab and enter your login code, DOB, mobile number, and captcha code to initiate the process of filling up the application form.
- After that, you will see the online application form, which comprises of 5 parts that you need to fill.
- Five parts – (a) basic information, (b) parent details. (c) choice of schools, (d) upload documents, and (e) declaration and submit.
Please watch the full detailed video below – How to fill the application form online for 1st Standard.
KVS Admission Process in Class II to Class VIII
Applicants seeking admission in Class 2 to Class 8 will not have to go through any admission test. The admission will be granted based on the priority category system. If the number of applicants will exceed the number of vacant seats, the lottery system will be applicable.
KVS Admission Process in Class IX
Candidates looking for admission in Class 9 would have to undergo an admission test. Institute will prepare the merit list for each category. The applicants will be granted admission in the sequence of priorities, in order of the merit list.
- Admission Test will be conducted for the subjects of Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science, and Science.
- The test duration would be 3 hours.
- Total Marks would be 100 (20 marks for each subject).
- Candidates need to score 33% marks to be qualified.
- SC/ ST/ PH candidate will be eligible for admission by securing 25% marks.
Admission Process in Class XI
Admission in class 9 for the various streams Science, Commerce, and Arts will be based on the marks scored in class 10. Check the minimum qualifying marks below:-
|Subjects||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|Science||A minimum of 55% Marks in aggregate of all subjects.|
|Commerce||A minimum of 50% Marks in aggregate of all subjects.|
|Humanities||All students of Kendriya Vidyalaya if declared successful in the Class 10 exam.|
Important Notes about KVS Admission Form 2020
- Online Admission in KVS – Parents must know that the Admission for only Class-I will be done online.
- Offline Admission in KVS – If you are looking for the Admission of your child from Class-II to XII will be done offline.
- Candidates seeking admission for Class-XI can apply after the results of Class-X.
- Students would not have to give any exam if they want an admission of Class II to Class-VIII. There will be a direct admission.
- For the admission of IX, there will be an exam that a student has to pass.
KVS Online Application Form Fee
The candidate would not have to pay any fee or charges for registration. Application forms are available free of cost in the Principal’s office of Kendriya Vidyalaya.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Fee Structure 2020-21
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan had revised the fee in the year 2013. This structure is still the same without any changes so far. Please check the Fee Structure Per Quarter below:-
|Class||Tuition Fees||VVN Fees||Computer Science Fee||TOTAL|
|Class I to V||Nil||1500||300||1800|
|Class VI to VIII||Nil||1500||300||1800|
|Class IX to X||600||1500||300||2400|
|Class XI-XII (Commerce with Maths)||900||1500||300||2700|
|Class XI-XII (Commerce with I.P)||900||1500||450||2850|
|Class XI-XII (Science without Computer Science)||1200||1500||300||3000|
|Class XI-XII (Science with Computer Science)||1200||1500||450||3150|
Important Dates for KVS Admission (Class-I)
|Main Events||Significant Dates|
|Official Notification for Delay of Admission||3 March 2020|
|Opening Date for KVS Online Registration||To be Notified|
|Opening Date for KVS Admission Form||To be Notified|
|Last Date for KVS Admission Form||4th week of March 2020|
|Release Date for First Admission List||First Week of April 2020|
|Release Date for Second Admission List||Second Week of April 2020|
|Release Date for Third Admission List||Third Week of April 2020|
|Date of Second Notification (If RTE, SC/ ST seats remain vacant)||2nd week of April 2020|
|Second Date for KVS Registration||2nd week of April 2020|
KVS Admission Form Reservation Criteria 2020
Please go through the seats reserved for ST, SC, PH, and EWS candidates below:-
|Category||Reservation in Percentage (%)|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|EWS (Economically Weaker Section)||25%|
Important Links for KVS Admission
|Official Website of KVS||Visit here|
|Official Notification regarding Admission 2020-21||View Notification|
|Online Admission Portal||Click here (Link will be active soon)|
KVS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How can I get Admission in KVS Online?
Online admission is only applicable for the student of Class-I, and for other Classes, you have to go for the Offline method. Once the Online Application form is activated, anyone can register and submit the application form in the admission portal (www.kvsonlineadmission.in). After the submission of the Application form, the Principal of Kendriya Vidyalaya will release the notification of selected candidates for their school.
Is Kendriya Vidyalaya only for Government Employees?
No, Kendriya Vidyalaya is not only for Government Employees but also for Self-Employed people and Private Job Personnel. The Admission form is open to all. Some guidelines of KVS are followed while selecting students.
Do Private Employees children get Admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya?
Yes, private employees can get admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya, but there are some set priorities for Central Govt Employees.
What is the Application fees of Kendriya Vidyalaya?
No fee is applicable for filling up the admission form online, and it’s free of cost.
Does KVS take an Admission Test for Class I?
No, KVS does not take any admission test or exam for the selection of students in Class 1.
What are the Contact Details of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)?
Following are the contact details of KVS:-
Phone No.- 011-26858570, 26512579
Email- commissioner- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com